Saturday, March 26, 2011

G. Michael's Bistro


G. Michael's is probably my favorite restaurant in Columbus. I just love it. I've been here a handful of times and have never been disappointed. The restaurant itself has a great atmosphere about it and the service is fantastic. It is definitely a fine-dining establishment but there is nothing pretentious about this place, just great food. Their menu changes seasonally so you always have something new to look forward to. I also love that they try to incorporate as much local food as possible. They have a full bar as well as a great wine list to accompany your meal. I most recently went here for Valentine's Day with my boyfriend as I find it a great place for a nice romantic meal. As to be expected on Valentine's we had a short wait even though we had reservations but we each ordered drinks at the bar (which were great!) and soon enough our name was called. We were lucky enough to get one of the booths in the back of the restaurant and had an excellent meal. We ordered the Steamed PEI Mussels that is currently on their menu with the Chardonnay Cream sauce and I have to say that these were the best mussels I have ever had. The sauce was SO GOOD that after the mussels were gone my boyfriend and I ate the rest of the sauce with our bread because it was so tastey. I had the Pan-Roasted Mahi for my entree which was delicious and he had the Rabbit Roulade. He wasn't as crazy about his dish, he didn't care for the Kraut on the dish, but I tasted his and thought it was enjoyable. I have enjoyed this place several times for different occasions but I have never been disappointed and have always had a great experience. I highly recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment