Saturday, March 26, 2011

J. Gilbert's Wood Fired Steaks and Seafood


This place is great. It is definitely one of my favorites in the Columbus area. My parents love this place as well and it is pretty much one of our staples when we are looking for a nice meal. The menu is great, much more than your typical Steak and Seafood place. They have several other dishes that look great that aren't steak or seafood, but I love steak so I have always ended up getting a dish that had at least some steak. One of my absolute favorites here is the Filet trio, which used to be a special, but I'm assuming due to its popularity is now a regular on the menu. Three filet medallions with three different toppings- Bearnaise sauce, Maytag Blue cheese, and wild mushrooms. All are fantastic! On my latest visit I was craving some Salmon but wasn't willing to give up my steak so I got the Petite Filet Combo with the Grilled Atlantic Salmon and it hit the spot! The sides are great too, I usually get the White Cheddar Chipotle mashed potatoes which are delicious but I also tried the Lobster Mac and Cheese that my brother ordered and it was TO DIE FOR! I also very much enjoy the asparagus they serve with the entree. Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables but they serve it with this little tomato salsa on top and it adds a fantastic touch. I haven't ventured out too much myself in ordering different things of the menu as I am a lover of steak but some of my dinner partners have ordered other entrees and no one has ever been disappointed. They also have a great selection of appetizers, a great wine list, and very tempting desserts! Oh I forgot to mention that the Maryland Crab Bisque is DELICIOUS!! If you are looking for a soup/salad, entree, and dessert try their Prix Fixe menu they are currently featuring for $34/pp. There are only two desserts listed as options but the servers are fantastic and have always let us choose anything we want. GREAT SERVICE! I highly recommend this place and will definitely keep coming back. (Oh, also I recommend signing up for their e-mail program, the send out great coupons all the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment